This week, StructureFlow Head of Product Owen Oliver spoke with Rob MacAdams for the LegalTech Arcade Podcast. He discussed his journey at his previous companies to bring him to StructureFlow, the challenges of building new tech products, how the legaltech landscape has changed in the last few years, his experiences as a legal tech intrapreneur and why he’s excited to now be tackling visual modelling of corporate structures and transactions at StructureFlow.
One of the things I like about Tim [Follett] [CEO, StructureFlow] is that he’s thinking about the product in terms of what it’s going be like in 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 30 years. And that gives you the freedom to think about the product in those sorts of terms. But that’s what’s needed – if you want to put a legal tech product out there that’s going to really get people interested, you need to show them where it fits along those timescales.
– Owen Oliver, Head of Product, StructureFlow
The podcast covered:
- Finding a co-founder
- Pros and cons of building a new product in an established vendors
- The key factors for the success of Workshare Transact
- Adoption challenges for new technology
- The impact of the sale in a startup
- The future of Transaction Management
- Background to his recent move to StructureFlow
- Visual modelling of corporate structures and transactions
- Why ‘going visual’ is the future of legaltech
About the Speaker
Owen earned his bachelor’s degree in Law from St John’s College, University of Cambridge and completed the Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School.
Connect with Owen on LinkedIn here.