An exciting opportunity to join the Engineering team in our scale-up organisation as a Software Test Engineer. We have been very successful in delivering our product to our customers so far but want your help to level up and leap forwards.
This role is based predominantly at home. We speak English as our main language and welcome candidates equally from across the UK and the EU.
You will be focussed on the activities designed to ensure our software corresponds to the specifications and highest quality standards of software development and deployment.
Whilst the primary focus is on automated and manual testing of our React, Node.JS and PostgreSQL stack, you also could get involved in testing of infrastructure as code deployments and general deployment activities and integrations.
- Able to scope and build automated and manual tests to ensure developer code is fit for purpose and any bugs or issues are removed before go-live.
- Define and execute the protocols for agreed test cases (manual or automated) and analyse the results.
- Review software requirements and prepare testing scenarios.
- Set up and monitor applications and various software systems and troubleshoot any issues that may occur.
- Liaise with the team, and across our entire organisation to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Carry out different types of testing: functional testing (smoke, sanity, regression and usability), acceptance testing, integration testing, load testing, security testing, database testing, and non-functional testing.
- Report bugs and errors to the development team.
- Access code through code reviews.
In addition, it would be fantastic if you can demonstrate experience with following technologies. You do not have to check them all, we are happy to teach you.
- Test Driven Development Methodology
- Playwright, multiple browser testing
- Testing REST Services via code or relevant apps (e.g. Postman)
- Integrate with CI/CD Automated testing, GitHub Actions & CircleCI
- Issue tracking management and resolution (Clubhouse, JIRA)
- HTML5 Canvas
- Cosmos DB
As a team we value best practises, performance optimisations and integrate security by design. Any experience relating to Legal tech or FinTech would be a welcome bonus. Even if you do not (yet) have commercial experience, if you can demonstrate aptitude to join our team as a Software Test Engineer, we would still love to hear from you.
Ideally degree educated, yet we value approach and methodology more. If you can test to current standards and best practices in a secure and collaborative way, we would invite you to apply.
This is an open recruitment. If you think you fit what we are looking for then please apply using our online form. Following an initial review, we may request a combination of an interview, a more technical interview, and look for a willingness to participate in a either a test or small assignment.
Please note that any job offer is subject to criminal record and barring checks.