Who is our webinar for?
- Professionals and leaders within the legal & financial fields
- Parties and stakeholders who work alongside volumes of contracts, laws, regulations, entities, documents and relationships of ever-increasing sophistication.
This webinar takes a deep dive into:
- The unexpected rise of a digital platform that acted as a ‘custodian’, holding 8 million customers’ crypto assets at one point and earning huge endorsement from mainstream media, despite having little to no corporate governance
- The complex events that led to the crash of the FTX crypto-empire
- Four main problem areas we’ve categorized and visualized (using StructureFlow) that peel back the layers of FTX’s defective corporate and financial controls.
Our expert guest speakers:
Alex Zerden, Founder and Principal, Capitol Peak Strategies
Alex Zerden is the Founder and Principal of Capitol Peak Strategies, a boutique risk advisory firm helping organizations, ranging from early- and growth-stage FinTech and emerging technology companies to large corporations, law firms, and nonprofits, navigate complex regulatory, legal, and public policy issues.
As a regulatory lawyer, economic policymaker, and financial diplomat, Alex brings extensive public and private sector experience at the intersection of financial services and law with a focus on financial regulation, economic sanctions, anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT), anti-corruption, financial enforcement and oversight investigations, economic crisis response, and public-private partnerships. Alex previously served across the U.S. government at the White House National Economic Council, Department of the Treasury, Congress, and Senate.
Tariq Khan, Partner, Outrun Ventures
Tariq spent 15 years as a consumer finance regulatory and transactional lawyer, half of which was on the founding team of a consumer finance business built through to a successful exit. He has since spent the past seven years as an angel investor and advisor, covering fintech, regtech and legaltech, albeit with a particular interest in decentralised systems and much activity in web3 over the past six years.
Owen Oliver, Head of Customer Success, StructureFlow
Owen spent 10 years as a transactional lawyer with Fieldfisher and Ingenious Media, before moving into technology, co-founding Workshare Transact, a legal transaction management application used by global law firms such as Clifford Chance, Norton Rose Fulbright and Simmons & Simmons. In his current role, Owen leads relationships with StructureFlow’s key customers, helping professionals deliver complexity, and to communicate and collaborate more efficiently through visualisation.
Download the FTX report
We are excited to share with you our visual guide that explains the collapse of FTX. The report explores the events that led to the dramatic collapse of the $32 billion crypto exchange in November 2022 and how FTX’s defective corporate and financial controls catalyzed its path to bankruptcy and will lead to SBF facing trial in October 2023.
The document includes:
- An explanation of how the company grew, and the practices that developed
- A step-by-step guide to events in November 2022 that led to the collapse
- An analysis dissecting some of the key causes of FTX’s downfall:
- Defective governance
- Financial chaos
- The ‘legitimacy façade’
Request a demo with one of our product experts today
If you’d like to trial StructureFlow for your own firm, register your interest, and a member of our team will be in touch soon.